Kaizen events are the vehicle to implementing Lean tools and concepts. Kaizen events are well-scoped, focused improvement efforts that utilize a team-based approach to eliminating wastes. This course is designed to teach a standard Kaizen process that can be used for implementing any Lean tool, such as quick changeover, 5S, cellular/layout, and TPM.
Objectives and topics include:
- Overview of Kaizen
- Preparation for a Kaizen event
- Standard process for a 3- to 5-day Kaizen event
- Forms, templates and tools for quickly collecting and analyzing data
- Preparation of a final report for management
- Estimate of the impact of the event.
The Kaizen Facilitator Training and a 3 or 5 day Kaizen Process Improvement Event (helping your team apply the training to improve your processes) can be delivered on-site by the UT CIS Lean Team. Contact your local Solutions Consultant today to schedule.